After Girija Prasad Koirala

The latest political happenings in Nepal, affecting Nepal
Ganesha

After Girija Prasad Koirala

Postby Ganesha » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Here are a few questions most probably on everyone's mind right now.
  1. What power struggles within NC for leadership will rage. Who is potentially seen the most capable of all.
  2. Is there a possibility that NC will split.
  3. Will Sujata be able to keep her post. What does she have to retain the power/influence. Who will she go hand in hand with, if she does.
  4. This government was formed under the aegis of GPK. How will the power vacuum be managed so that this government continues.
  5. Will Prachanda become the next PM again.
  6. And finally, will there be any change in positive direction in the coming days, as a result of the above transformations.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: After Girija Prasad Koirala

Postby kazi » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:52 pm

I think:
1. MKN will continue till the constitution is drafted and possibly the next election.
2. NC will not split.
3. After next elections, either PKD or BRB will take the helm.
4. Sujhata will keep her post and possibly become PM some day.
5. GPK is old generation. He will be honored but forgotten just as KPB and GMS.
6. PKD will have to wait for the elections.
7. Yes, there will be progress.. one way or the other.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:01 pm

@kazi Point number 4 - How is Sujata faring in the current political scene? She seems to be away from the media spotlight nowadays...
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:11 am

I guess she is still the deputy PM.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:34 am

Well, NC has not been able to do away with the old generation leaders... Sushil Koirala is the new president. I was thinking Sher Bahadur or even Sujhata.. but then again, can they provide leadership? is the question that comes to mind. Can SK lead or not is the biggest question now.. not only the NC but the whole country is looking up to him after the power vacuum left by GPK. Because if he cannot, this might signal the end of the era of BP.
--

Return to “Current Affairs”