Giving Away the Control Switch to Others

The latest political happenings in Nepal, affecting Nepal
Ganesha

Giving Away the Control Switch to Others

Postby Ganesha » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:15 pm

The wise say if you are affected by the person beside you, you are essentially allowing yourself to be controlled by him and hence you are giving away your switch (to turn yourself on and off) in the hands of others. Once again the politicians have done just that, given away the key to India. How will we ever learn that its fatal to give that switch to others...
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Giving Away the Control Switch to Others

Postby kazi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:00 am

I think effect is mutual because I believe in balance. Whenever the system goes out of balance due to some reason, counter-actions will occur to maintain the balance. I think wisdom consists of knowing the point of this balance and making the best of the situation. The key is to be active and responsive, not just reactive. Our weakness in short? lack of vision, therefore we react. Hence, we lose control.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:34 am

I like it when you say the effect is mutual. And very well said:
The key is to be active and responsive, not just reactive. Our weakness in short? lack of vision, therefore we react. Hence, we lose control.

It is a well known fact for all that in cases when the house cannot agree, foreign forces will reign supreme. We are so deep in the mud of greed that we do not see anything before us.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:54 am

Yes, greed is a major culprit.

Also, take a second to consider the things that are going well in Nepal... can we name any? Because if we could, we better follow the model that works. In spite of the load-shedding and chaos, people who have visited Nepal recently tell me, "You would not believe how modern Nepal has become." And perhaps that is one of the better things that Nepal can do.. copy. So, why not turn this quality for the better and copy the things that are good for the long-term, like education, sustainable development, etc. Similarly, we could copy the system of government that is most suitable to Nepal.

Perhaps this trend of copying has led us to *cede control to the big brother*, for lack of a better expression. We try so much to have a government that matches India when in fact what works for them might really not work for us.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:40 am

Although I think Nepalis should not cultivate an "anti-Indian" sentiment, I do think that India herself has a role in encouraging it as can be obvious from the news. I really do not think India should be commenting on the internal affairs of Nepali politics. Every organization anywhere has its bickerings. That does not mean that they cannot have a unified vision. And that is what India fails to recognize. Nepalis are a proud sovereign people and there is no doubt about this.

Professor Muni mentioned that all three major parties have their quarrels and until their quarrels are resolved nothing can be achieved. While there is truth in the statement, I think this is something that Nepalis have to decide and is not something that India needs to interfere with. We know that already and we do not need an external fuel in our internal fire.

India wants to be a part of the Nepali story and that is quite obvious from such interference. And I believe that Nepalese should want involvement with her neighbours too. But that does not mean any neighbour can walk in on our domestic squabbles and make wisecracks as if they are above their own petty arguments already.

I liked one comment by Bijay Pratap though, and that is something that is appropriate because it is relevant to both India and Nepal. He said double standards should be cleared. And I totally agree it because I think what we need is transparency and accountability.
--

Return to “Current Affairs”