*public forest with private ownership* ??

The latest political happenings in Nepal, affecting Nepal
kazi

*public forest with private ownership* ??

Postby kazi » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:27 am

I was reading about haphazard urbanization and schemes for re-forestation in the news. I would be really surprised if the concept of *public forest under private ownership* really works, whatever that means. Does any Aawartaner know about this?
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: *public forest with private ownership* ??

Postby Ganesha » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Apart from Nepal's various problems, it does not have planners, a technical mind who has actually gotten formal education/degree in Planning. (Even people in the National Planning Commission don't have such degrees.)

With regard to public forests with private ownership, it is not a new concept, at least in the West. Will have to seek some expert advice on the details of its workings though.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: *public forest with private ownership* ??

Postby kazi » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:30 pm

admittedly this notion of *public forest with private ownership* has worked in the West, what does it really mean? I own this forest, but people are free to use its resources. Is that the way it works?
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “Current Affairs”