piracy clamp-down in Nepal

The latest political happenings in Nepal, affecting Nepal
kazi

piracy clamp-down in Nepal

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Here is news of piracy clamp down in Nepal. Interesting how this will play out..
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Re: piracy clamp-down in Nepal

Postby kazi » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:34 am

Sometimes I wonder what direction technology is taking. Even the secure encryption for BlueRay (BR) disks has been compromised and pirates may copy and distribute BR content illegally. And how is this possible you may ask.. not because the encryption technology is weak.. but because it is based on some keys. And somehow those keys have been released to the public.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:01 pm

After sensationalization, the Kasaju brothers have been released due to lack of evidence and regulations according to this news. I'm happy for the brothers, but I just cannot understand why this *nautanki* had to happen in the first place. More's the pity.. What is the message being sent to the public?
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Yep. Kind of interesting. I don't think they could have been apprehended in the first place. The country is so embroiled in its own affairs and you cannot ask anybody to do any work unless you promise them something in return and yet, the police came to take them away. Perhaps there was some force that we have been not aware of. Or was it the real RIAA/MPAA that got the American Embassy to take action?!

Anyway, nobody in the country has the tenacity or the inclination to follow up with Kasaju Bros. So this case will go to history books very soon as the Nepali way of life takes over once again.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:16 pm

True, unless all this was a publicity stunt.
--

Return to “Current Affairs”