A solution to the current political imbroglio?

The latest political happenings in Nepal, affecting Nepal
kazi

A solution to the current political imbroglio?

Postby kazi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 am

Is there a solution to the current political imbroglio? Being a student of science whenever I am faced with a problem, I try to figure out the facts and thus pin-point the source of the problem. But this situation that we have in Nepal is really complicated... almost like the chicken-or-egg-first situation.

Being idealilstic, it is very easy for me to pass judgement and provide solutions from the tip of my tongue. If Nepal were a slate, I would wipe off the slate and start anew, but Nepal is not a slate and that is the bottomline. But, when reality sets in, the despondency of the situation robs me blind of my sanity. I no longer can fathom the intricacies of political mores. My first response is fight.. fight with all my might.. fight for my right.. but eventually I realize it is a losing battle. The next response is flight.. flight to a greener pasture.. flight to a better future. But then again I realize, after all humans were not given wings for a reason.

Anyway, the point is that our problem is still with us and if we have not been able to find a solution, there is a systemic problem. Just as a festering wound carries huge increasing risks for the body, this problem in Nepal is obviously not doing anybody any good. Or is it? This is something to think about. Then perhaps, we can start to think on an appropriate solution.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: A solution to the current political imbroglio?

Postby Ganesha » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:33 am

I just saw that it is going to happen for the 14th time. We are a funny country with a funnier mentality. "Baal Matlab" is the most popular word I believe right now in our vocabulary. Before this "series" I did not even know that the PM would be chosen this way. Any idea who or how this process of choosing the PM came into effect?
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:59 am

haha.. I doubt if many people understand the phrase, but yes, I agree.

I think the system of simple majority came by after "mili-juli" sarkar could not be formed and nobody could get 2/3rd majority. What I think is that tax-payers' money should not be used to pay the MPs who do not vote. They are there for a job and any delinquency should be discouraged vehemently. This is a serious hole in the system and must be patched before this disease takes the form of a cancer.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:53 am

I am just wondering if it is possible for a PM to hand over his responsibilities to the President. Of course this is out of question now that the PM has already resigned. But still, I wonder if this is possible.
--

Return to “Current Affairs”