Dangerous Delhi

The latest political happenings in Nepal, affecting Nepal
rock22

Dangerous Delhi

Postby rock22 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:18 am

Whether you agree or not, Delhi is rehearsing to endanger our country’s sovereignty. Whether you support the Maoists or oppose them, Delhi's recent complain is the biggest threat to Kathmandu’s political growth. Delhi’s march might be slow to our eyes, but it is steady nonetheless.

I have been vocal against the Maoists for their decade long barbarism which twisted badly our country’s fate. It not only devastated our already fragile infrastructures, it also put country three steps back in terms of economic progress. While the clamor of prosperity had been the debate among Indian and Chinese students for ten years or more, in our country, however, the issue under serious discussion was nothing except death and destruction or fear and flames. Alls finger points, for right reason, to the Maosists. I still condemn them for their unforgivable deeds.

But I should have been a happy soul when Rakesh Sood, the Indian ambassador to Nepal, handed over a formal letter to the government of Nepal, demanding to criminalise the Maosists because, according to the ambassador, Nepali Maosists have been collaborating with Indian Maoists and Lashkar-e-Taiba, which is an international terrorist organization. According to Delhi drum, the Maoists of Nepal have been training and sheltering both the Maoists of India and the terrorist militants of Lashkar-e-Taiba.

Here’s what India wants to do: Divide us and rule us. And here’s what India is doing now: dividing us and ruling us. But commonsense has taken leave of the political leaders of other parties, and they are toasting for delhi’s dangerous move. It is not time to avenge the beast which shattered the corruption-dream of many political leaders in the election 2007, but it’s time to get united to fulfill the promises which they had sworn during election before being elected. It is time to summon 2007 election campaigns when they had promised with their countrymen of drafting a new constitution in time; It’s time to reach to an agreement so as to settle the Maoists combatant as par the agreement singed on before.

But our barefaced leaders are weaving plots to ruin our own country by sealing their lips tight while Delhi wolf, hidden under a neighbor’s skin, is all afoot in our sovereign territory. On the one hand Delhi claims that Maosts are collaborating with lasker-a-toiba on the other it offers no concrete evidence to prove the veracity. Offer evidences. Convince us first before you claim wildly. There must be some cloud if you say there is rain; there must be some smoke when you say there’s fire. Likewise, there must be some evidence when Delhi claims that the Mosits are involved in any activities like training or sheltering the "anti-Indian" (to quote Indian terminology) elements.

Remember! Even a truth is a lie until it is supported by factual, not textual, evidences.

The points discussed above is a Galileo's telescope which provides a clear view of the fact that propagandas are not the past’s infallible tools alone for invasion in another country, they are also the present fate of those countries which are powerless than their neighbors. And it speaks volumes that Indian invasion in Nepal, direct or indirect, is at stone's throw, and the true propagandas against the Maoists is only a prologue. Never good to our country!

Indian logical frog-jump has not convinced me at all. And these days I love to hate the silence shown by Nepali Congress and CPN UML in this matter, which is stupidly meaningful. I have staunchly opposed Prachanda for his overambitious and supercilious overtures and his party for the war-trails which our countrymen had to undergo. At this point I oppose the Indian move more staunchly than ever, however.

If we fail to see danger in Delhi it is because we have borrowed bat’s eyes but have forgotten to lend them back to our darling bats.

Rabindra Govin
Last edited by rock22 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kazi

Re: Dangerous Delhi

Postby kazi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Yes, this is an interesting topic. My view on this is neutral, not because I lack conviction, but because I lack the facts on which to base my point of view. And I am guessing my situation is not very different from the general populace. Here I make a little digression from the issue to be able to stand on stable ground. Your contention that India is working against Nepal's unity may be true. But it may also be true that some other force is trying to create a rift between the unity of India and Nepal. We do not have the facts to prove it. This is like saying I have domestic problems at home but the reason is because some external entity is interfering. While this may be true, I wonder whether external interference would be possible if our domestic relations were strong enough. As you can see, this is a scalable situation ranging from families to nations to continents.

I think the core of our problem lies in ourselves. I think that there is a huge lack of transparency, which is a major killer of success in a democracy. The public must elect smart patriotic leaders and leaders to make sound transparent decisions. If either the public or the leaders do not do their job, the system of democracy is nothing but a farce.

Once again, I am not speaking for or against your post, but merely stating how I *feel* about the subject.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

rock22

Postby rock22 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:32 pm

The topic called politics is the armpit of the universe in Third World countries like Nepal. And our folks electing a patriotic leader may sound something of great gravity but it is nothing less than a chimera -- a notion which is partly mystical and partly mythical in nature. Nepal is still a light year away from choosing good folks as its leaders.

kazi

Postby kazi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:41 pm

From how things are going, I totally agree with your time frame, @rock22. But I prefer to delude myself into thinking that this lack of awareness will change soon. If Nepali life can emulate Western life, I do not see why Nepali politics cannot emulate Western vision.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “Current Affairs”