Anuradha Koirala - CNN Hero of the Year

The latest political happenings in Nepal, affecting Nepal
Ganesha

Anuradha Koirala - CNN Hero of the Year

Postby Ganesha » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:51 am

She is a shining beacon of hope, for the whole of Nepal and today, for the rest of the world. She was chosen CNN Hero of the year among ten others, yesterday. Makes us proud, very proud indeed. A few more people in the world now know Nepal for something else than hopeless politics and debilitating poverty. Best of the wishes to you Anuradha Koirala. May your toil, beliefs and focus be an example for the rest of us.

Others links: Anuradha Koirala's Organisational Homepage : MaiteeNepal - http://www.maitinepal.org
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Anuradha Koirala - CNN Hero of the Year

Postby kazi » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:07 am

very interesting..
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Re: Anuradha Koirala - CNN Hero of the Year

Postby kazi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:56 am

With all due respects, I have to say I was not impressed with the hero's speech. I was expecting a message about trafficking but all I heard was ending a heinous crime that the hero was nominated by the youth and youth should be respected. Congratulations to our hero. And next time, please make it less political (flag, flag, flag..) and more about the universal message of the war against human trafficking.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “Current Affairs”