Another party.. are you kidding me?

The latest political happenings in Nepal, affecting Nepal
kazi

Another party.. are you kidding me?

Postby kazi » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:07 am

Another party added to the chaos? What are they thinking to improve the situation or deteriorate it further? Dumb and dumber comes to mind.

I think all parties should be mixed up and then partitioned into two or three groups. I think we can do without the petty political games and chaos brought about by the parties. If people are serious about working towards the benefit of the country, they should stop bickering on non-essentials and focus on constitution making and peace and progress. But who am I to decide anything?
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Mouist plenum.. another joke?

Postby kazi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 am

I was reading the interview of Mohan Vaidya and Babu Ram Bhattarai on the documents tabled at the Mouist plenum. I laughed out loud at the seemingly absurd issues focussed by both leaders: the issue of who is the enemy. In a world full of pessimism, we do not need more negative feedback. We do not need people telling us what not to do.. we know what that already. The question, again, remains what should we do about it? I think their differences will melt away if they think on the positive aspects.

And this issue of people's republic or democratic republic is absurd at this point. I recall starting a poll on what people think about the new name of Nepal after the former king abrogated the throne. Not many people responded to that poll and it seemed to me that intellectuals do not really care about the name. And perhaps that was a mistake. I guess we should invite the leaders to participate in this poll so that the basic foundation of our nation's policies are clearly imprinted on our mind without a shadow of doubt. This issue has been raised in the Mouist party but I believe it is an issue that all parties must address and resolve before building a new constitution.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: Another party.. are you kidding me?

Postby Ganesha » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:10 am

Raised a valid point there kazi. Why do we need some enemy or any enemy for that matter? Do we not have enough on our hands already?

Or perhaps they did talk about a host of other things and the paper focussed on the most "sensational" of the piece, India bashing. I would love to lay my hands at the original document and read a few paragraphs from there.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Another party.. are you kidding me?

Postby kazi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:37 am

Yes, really there is no saying what goes on. I would not bother to reach a bunch of politically motivated bull. After all the sensationalization, the bottom line has remained the same and is not expected to change any time soon. To be fair, its the same with the other parties also.
--

Return to “Current Affairs”