55,000 websites hacked and serving malware.

Anything that does not fit in currently available forums
kazi

55,000 websites hacked and serving malware.

Postby kazi » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:37 am

55,000 websites hacked and serving malware. Is your site one of them? For those of us that are just starting up, first impressions count for a lot. We not only want to run a business but also create a safe environment for the community. In the brick and mortar businesses, we would be talking about greening the environment with recycling and proper disposal of waste, etc. In the online business, the equivalent would be taking adequate security measures, etc.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: 55,000 websites hacked and serving malware.

Postby Ganesha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:19 pm

I was going through your post and was wondering how exactly they do it and I happened to bump into an article that actually shows how it done. Scary. Among the regular SQL Injection, I learned about XSS, which was something new. Thx, Kazi.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:48 am

This is an interesting article you posted. I too found several interesting bits of information. Thanks Ganesha.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 am

Here is a new problem I faced half an hour ago.. Firefox says that nepalnews.com is targeted by a phishing attack and might have malicious code. Here is the evidence. Do any of you have this problems?
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:09 am

Unfortunately Firefox still says nepalnews is blocked. Here is the reason.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:16 am

Some admin must have updated the site from an infected machine..

But then they should have been able to clean it up and use "Google Webmaster Tools" to alert Google of the cleanup but someone out there is lazy and perhaps a bit too business unfriendly. I guess, they earn quite some amount with the advertisement - imagine losing some of it for something that could be fixed so easily.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:15 pm

They must be making boatloads from ads. That is the reason I'm surprised they did not bother to fix it ASAP. And now the pages are not available.
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Finally the site is online without any firefox warning.
--

Return to “General Chat”