wind technology in Kathmandu

Place where young entrepreneurs can come together, share information, network, seek new business and ideas
kazi

wind technology in Kathmandu

Postby kazi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:48 am

I am not sure if this is a joke. But here is a piece of wind technology used in Kathmandu.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: wind technology in Kathmandu

Postby Ganesha » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:13 am

I watched the video and felt that the drum works more like a flywheel, conserving energy when the person is pedalling and releasing it when the "driver" slacks down a bit.

Just think of it, how much wind there might be on a typical day in Kathmandu at that height to propel a man of at least 45 kgs and the cycle of another 15 kgs along with that drum? I think it is just another marketing ploy to get the dwindling number of tourists to sit on the rickshaw for some money.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:10 am

I just hope that the momentum of the flywheel is transferred to the brakes when the brake is applied.. :)
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Exactly! And I do not see a chain or something similar that transfers that kinetic energy to the pedals in the video.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:41 am

There seems to be more to it than meets the eye. Its known as Dead Down Wind Faster Than The Wind (DDWFTTW). Its interesting. But the question of brakes is still not answered.
--

Return to “The Young Entrepreneur”