Domain Registration in Nepal

Place where young entrepreneurs can come together, share information, network, seek new business and ideas
Ganesha

Domain Registration in Nepal

Postby Ganesha » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:54 am

A friend of mine recently asked one of his friends in the US to register a domain name for him. That way, he said he would benefit from the following:

1. Have total control of his domain name and not be dependent on the Nepali vendor
2. He does not need to have a foreign credit card
3. Any changes in the CNAME, ADDRESS or MX settings could be done by himself instantly and quickly.

An entrepreneur in Nepal today almost always needs to register a domain for his site. Please share how you did it, plan to do it so that other aspiring domain registration enthusiasts can learn from you.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Domain Registration in Nepal

Postby kazi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:48 am

Yes, that would be interesting to know.

However, I have to say that the phrase "total control" brought a smile.. :) To tell you the truth, I am not convinced that registering domains outside of Nepal will make a significant difference in control. Perhaps the location of the servers may make a difference, but even that does not seem to be a big deal provided the physical facilities (electricity, cooling, security) are satisfied. But I may be overlooking some things. That said, I'd like to reiterate that Aawartaners should share knowledge about how they figured out stuffs like this.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “The Young Entrepreneur”