Does the education system in Nepal need a change?

Place to share your experience, issues, beliefs
Ganesha

Does the education system in Nepal need a change?

Postby Ganesha » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 am

How many times while in your Master's degree or Ph.d program have you felt that perhaps you were wasting a lot of your prime years studying and doing nothing else. The great years upto 25-30 of humanity is spent on learning to live life through the help of a school/university and yet after all those years when you get out and search for job, they talk about the need for experience and what not. In a country like ours, how about starting vocational schools that give people a skill to earn a living. It could be after class ten or even before that. Instead of churning out students of arts, pure physics, engineers, doctors (most of who leave the country upon successful education) we could come up with house painters, plumbers, radio mechanics (educated and skilled in the trade) and the like so that people have skills that allow them to be busy, are looking forward to work everyday and who take pride in themselves. This in turn should help reduce unemployment and create optimism in society.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Does the education system in Nepal need a change?

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:30 pm

chha ni vocational schools haru Nepal ma pani.. CTEVT (Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training) monitors and supervises standards and procedures for these schools just as TU and other universities set standards for formal education. I would not go so far as to choose between either of these types of education. But definitely, we should encourage both.

As far as change goes, of course there must be changes in our education system, both formal and technical. And I am sure each sector will have its own recommendations. I think this discussion can be split into two threads if deemed necessary.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

spearss91

Re: Does the education system in Nepal need a change?

Postby spearss91 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:11 am

Some minor modification in his education level every education center need to improve....

As it is Nepal also needs some changes... :D
Gulzar Group Of Institute Electrical College in Punjab.

Return to “The Young Professional”