Return to Nepal?

Place to share your experience, issues, beliefs
Ganesha

Return to Nepal?

Postby Ganesha » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 am

Those of you who are abroad, who have left Nepal, do you think there will come a time when you will consider returning or are you in for the long haul? Any comments?
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Return to Nepal?

Postby kazi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:08 pm

I would be the first to jump at the opportunity.. an idealist that I am. But as you know, this is a topic of much complexity.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Perhaps we should run a poll next time!

I think the basic question I have in mind is, if a person has already lived something like over ten years in a country that he called home for those many years, where he created and lived his career and went through immense hardships to reach the state where she/he is, will it be easy to let go of everything in the foreign land and start anew in the land he always called home but never lived the adult, professional life there. How many would be willing to take the risk. And how many would actually want it.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:30 am

You can look at it this way: if you have lived so many years in Nepal and could leave it to come and live your *professional* life abroad, do have already taken a huge leap. Once you have taken the leap, the second time will not be very difficult because once you are professionally fulfilled, you will need something else. The only issue is to be able to convince yourself that going back to Nepal will give you the *something else* that you will crave for at that time. For us, we have not gotten to the bridge yet and our views will be mere speculation. We need to run the poll for those that are professionally fulfilled.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:26 pm

I think you gave me a new dimension to think. I will copy your statement whenever I have to provide logic for this reasoning. Thank you!

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:41 am

perhaps it is @Ganesha.

But I might have not accurately responded to your earlier question even though my earlier response applies to it. I guess it was about Nepalis who spent their adulthood in US. And the question is whether or not they can risk going back to Nepal. The response is applicable to the extent that the "something else" is attainable. And yet, we have to realize that this is personal for everybody and each will have his/her own means and reasons.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Many people think, "if only the politics could stabilize". And there are a few that have been waiting too for quite a while now and not getting any leads yet.

The thought of "home", I think excites a lot of people. It comes to them as a variety of feelings, pictures and ideas and probably people get lost in the maze. But the thought of "return" anyway is a great hope, a sweet dream that never has completely erased itself out among many I interact with.

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:34 am

Well, if you ask me, water and electricity are my biggest concerns.. :) But yes, *home is where the heart is..* for all those hopeless romantics like me out there. And yet, for others the question is: "Can I make a significant contribution to society there?" and yet for other, "What do I have to lose and gain?" This stream of thoughts go on and on.
--

Return to “The Young Professional”