Your dream project in Nepal

Place to share your experience, issues, beliefs
Ganesha

Your dream project in Nepal

Postby Ganesha » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:24 am

Someday, this current state of impunity, violence and fragmentation in the society is going to heal and you might want to return to Nepal. You might have been dreaming of doing "things", "if" conditions were favorable, for a long time now. Share with us here, your dream project. Would you become a volunteer and go to remote places to help people there in whatever way you can? Would you start off a small company based on your education and experience abroad? Would you take some foreign partners with you and start something big? Fellow members could give you their own views thereafter, that might provide you with more perspectives, a bit more information and perhaps some clarity to your plans. If nothing else, you could feel relieved with an unburdened heart, having just accomplished the first step in the creation of anything - to state your dream.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Your dream project in Nepal

Postby kazi » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:31 am

I have two dreams:
1. to provide supercomputing services in Nepal.
2. to make sure that every kid in school has access to Internet.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

AshaKoKiran

Postby AshaKoKiran » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:22 pm

When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut. With time and age I understood, I was more into computers. I had to go to Kathmandu for my further studies. The first day at college pinched me. We were only two girls in the class. It was a male dominated class. But , I always was a tough competitor. I do not understand why there are only few girls who really are into the field of technology.

I have a dream to encourage women in the field of technology. I will definitely go back to Nepal and provide them opportunities with the profit I will be making. I have a dream to open an engineering university in my home town.

May my dream come soon!
Mero desh mero PaheChan.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:38 pm

AshaKoKiran, I applaud your dream.. not because its a man/woman thing (I do not believe there should be gender issues in today's world), but because I sense a genuine urgency and feel the consistency and strength in what you say. Someday we might be working together in educating the masses. But mind you, its not your *profit* only that will make your dream come true, but also your willingness to do something for the home town, the country. I'm not that old, but I know of many with lots of money who will not do something for the country, and, I know of many without much money that spend a lifetime of service to Nepal.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

rrrryan

Schools

Postby rrrryan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Schools... school, after school. Lots of schools. Not the for-profit type of school either. Not the memorization types of schools. Schools that put self-respect, moral values, and creativity above repetition and memorization. Then, some day, some of the students who have enjoyed such liberating education may become the kind of politicians that know that they work for the people of Nepal and not for their own purses. That serve because they believe in their cause, and not because it pays so much money.

I am a Christian and I hope I am welcome here. I live in KTM but was not born here.

Thank you.
<>< R

AshaKoKiran

Postby AshaKoKiran » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:58 pm

kazi wrote:AshaKoKiran, I applaud your dream.....lifetime of service to Nepal.

I believe, until and unless you are at a perfect position you cannot help others. Since my dream is to provide women with scholarship, I cannot do that without money. We all know people get lost in the search for money hoping to be rich and there are people who run after money and forget their dream. I sincerely hope I am not among them.

Of course, I would love to work with you in the future and everyone here is welcome!
Mero desh mero PaheChan.

Ganesha

Re: Schools

Postby Ganesha » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:49 pm

rrrryan wrote:Schools... school, after school. Lots of schools...

You are perfectly welcome here rrrryan. Thanks for your passionate first post. Hope to read more here and in your blog.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:12 pm

AshaKoKiran, its noble of you to think of providing scholarships for women. I believe in the sincerity of your desire, your aspirations.

FYI, there are non-profit agencies right now in Nepal who provide education services and these agencies seek and provide need-based scholarships to women, the minorities, Dalits. These agencies themselves do not provide the money, but invest significant time and energy in finding sponsors. One of their mottos is: *when there is a will, there is a way*

Although I think only the divine can have perfection, I believe it is human nature to seek perfection. Surely some day when we are stronger and much more ahead in our aspiration for perfection, we will work together to help our brothers and sisters.
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:14 pm

rrrryan, kudos to you. Education is a passion for me too. I strongly believe that education is a sustainable medium for long term growth and benefit for the nation. We applaud you, welcome you and would like to get to know more of you, you work and your dreams for Nepal.
--

rrrryan

Postby rrrryan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:47 am

Thanks for the welcome. These things move so slowly, but how many people stick to it and really make a difference? It is intimidating to try to do things and so easy to talk about them.

Return to “The Young Professional”