Your dream project in Nepal

Place to share your experience, issues, beliefs
Ganesha

Re: Your dream project in Nepal

Postby Ganesha » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:32 am

:) Don't know where I got the idea of freezing humans and unfreezing them to be alive at some point in future. Perhaps I too am affected by the fact that humanity (specially the Western one) has always wanted to be young.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:37 pm

Well, I saw humor because I was thinking that you were talking about freezing in the temporal dimension. Wouldn't that be a blast? But it seems like you are talking about freezing the physical body. There is ongoing research on mechanical immortality. Using current technology in sustaining vital functions, we all can become immortals once technology is evolved enough to extract, preserve and use individual personalities on a machine. But, *will we really continue to live on?* with mechanical immortality is the question for the forseeable future.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:44 pm

ha..ha.. We live and die and live and die, while life itself is everlasting and eternal. Kind of fragmented theory. I something don't think it is even true.

Individual life dies with an individual's death. Individual life is given its first breath of fresh air when something is born. And thus I would like to say, life is not eternal and not continuous at all. It is just a composite of a series of stoppages and restarts. You can view it as a graph made in logarithmic scale which deletes or "softens" differences over short periods of time to give the picture of a whole as one smooth, nice curve. And thus, associating immortality with life is just plain foolish and unreal.

I am not trying to be too selfish here but would I not die when I die? Would my life continue even after my death? And even if it does, what use do I have if it is not my life that goes on but somebody else's which was lit up with my dying flame.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:27 am

I can understand your state of confusion about this matter. Life and death has baffled the greatest philosophers.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

daarshanik

Postby daarshanik » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Build a recreational center, where community members can hang out, play different sports- for free!, attend various classes that the community offers.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:06 am

That is one of the most practical dreams I have heard. I can already envision the benefits of such a centre.. jobs will be created, geriatric support, child care allowing adults to be more productive, platform for community leaders, etc. etc.

Do share more on this and let us know your progress, @daarshanik.
--

Return to “The Young Professional”