About HydroElectric Project

Place to share your experience, issues, beliefs
akash

About HydroElectric Project

Postby akash » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi, I am Electrical Engineer currently studying Master Degree in one of the University of USA. As mentioned by the administrator, we all are here for the betterment of our career leaving our country, blaming the chaos and impunity to justify our move. In fact, no matter of what, to get the higher knowledge about the subject matter is recommended, especially in the country where there is resource, and technical expertise.
I want to focus my discussion on the potential problem of hydroelectricity leading to load shedding for more than 70% of time. As, life cannot be imagined without electricity for a minute in developed country, how this perception was viewed by the ordinary Nepali citizen? All the sectors, from normal business to medical operation, from education to entertainment, and from production to distribution, all are affected severely giving jolt to already downslide economy.
So, with that view, how the technical person likes us help to utilize our skills and started the work to solve the problem. Most of the people want to go back to the country, and work for their homeland. Is there any special arrangement made by the government for the returned man power and try to steal their knowledge, and experience for the betterment of the country? Analyzing the current scenario, our country is lacking the newly immersed man power for the development of the hydroelectric projects, from small scale to large one. If government put this energy crisis as a top priority, and motivated an electrical engineer like us to work for the country, I would think about the option. Are you ready for this?

felt

Re: About HydroElectric Project

Postby felt » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Haven't you heard of "Self motivation"??

Ganesha

Re: About HydroElectric Project

Postby Ganesha » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:13 am

akash wrote:Hi, I am Electrical Engineer currently studying Master Degree in one of the University of USA. As mentioned by the administrator, we all are here for the betterment of our career leaving our country, blaming the chaos and impunity to justify our move. In fact, no matter of what, to get the higher knowledge about the subject matter is recommended, especially in the country where there is resource, and technical expertise.
I want to focus my discussion on the potential problem of hydroelectricity leading to load shedding for more than 70% of time. As, life cannot be imagined without electricity for a minute in developed country, how this perception was viewed by the ordinary Nepali citizen? All the sectors, from normal business to medical operation, from education to entertainment, and from production to distribution, all are affected severely giving jolt to already downslide economy.
So, with that view, how the technical person likes us help to utilize our skills and started the work to solve the problem. Most of the people want to go back to the country, and work for their homeland. Is there any special arrangement made by the government for the returned man power and try to steal their knowledge, and experience for the betterment of the country? Analyzing the current scenario, our country is lacking the newly immersed man power for the development of the hydroelectric projects, from small scale to large one. If government put this energy crisis as a top priority, and motivated an electrical engineer like us to work for the country, I would think about the option. Are you ready for this?

We could always, as professionals in the field, start something on our own. Of course, as an engineer or a professional on salary, starting a hydroelectric company could be a daunting task. But with the knowledge, a design house could be started with fellow professionals. I am not talking about the design of extremely complex turbine blades (which they say requires a lot of computing power and other resources besides brains) but things like the penstock pipes, the power house, etc. This setup will only require a good computer with CAD software and a few interested colleagues with brains. With quite a number of hydroelectric companies being registered in Nepal and some already working on several small and large projects, I think there is enough opportunity for such a venture.

Return to “The Young Professional”