How can Nepalis abroad participate in building Nepal

Place to share your experience, issues, beliefs
kazi

How can Nepalis abroad participate in building Nepal

Postby kazi » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:25 pm

I also think Nepalis outside are also very eager to be involved in the making of the nation. For the most part, I have seen people who frequently ask what they can do for the country. And its sad that nobody really knows. Perhaps this discussion forum is a good discussion to enumerate the ways that Nepalis outside of Nepal can really participate.
Last edited by Ganesha on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic split and retitled to reflect relevance
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Re: Your dream project in Nepal

Postby kazi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:38 pm

Well how about using existing resources rather than re-inventing the wheel? I just bumped into the google education apps. I have not explored fully but seems like its a useful collaboration tool.

http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/edu/
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: How can Nepalis abroad participate in building Nepal

Postby Ganesha » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Google apps is free for schools and it could be used anywhere in Nepal as long as they have good internet. And the word "good" is key here.

Internet bandwidth in Nepal is still a much sought after commodity. And unless this basic problem is solved, we will not be able to hop on and reap the benefits of the internet. (Hence my talks about linking the cities with fiber.) However, to conserve or maximize bandwidth, schools could use imap with linux (or any other OS for that matter). Also a local google mirror in Nepal could be a boon in giving faster response times to google apps (perhaps some nepali is a friend of Page, Brin & Co.)
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: How can Nepalis abroad participate in building Nepal

Postby kazi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:17 am

There you go.. there are so many areas we need to work on. Its best to focus on the basic needs and somehow find a solution for them.
--

Return to “The Young Professional”