Did you know that ...

Delve into our history and discuss its positive implications
kazi

Did you know that ...

Postby kazi » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:49 am

1. Juddha Shumsher had 20 sons and 20 daughters considering documented ones only?
2. Nepal's undocumented history starts from 600 BC (Kiranti) and documented history starts from 300 BC (Lichhavi)?
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Re: Did you know that ...

Postby kazi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:35 am

* The Shah dynasty descended from the Chitor dynasty in Udaipur, India
* The famous Nepali actress, Sharmila Malla, is a descendent of Prithvi Narayan Shah's grandfather.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:06 pm

kazi wrote:* .... Sharmila Malla, is a descendent of Prithvi Narayan Shah's grandfather.

Now, THAT is something. Never knew it.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:45 am

If you liked the gossip about Sharmila Malla, you will really enjoy the fact that the recent kings in the Shah dynasty were not of pure blood since Rajendra Bikram Shah. They are descendants of a brahmin widow from Benares.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:02 am

This makes me feel that perhaps aawartan.org should begin keeping a repository on all things Nepal..
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Yeah, we could try, but I think a wiki site is better for the purpose. Perhaps, that is the next logical step from a discussion forum?
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:16 am

Did you know that the valley is no longer the centre of Nepal? In terms of population the biggest city is Kathmandu. But the second biggest city in Nepal is Pokhara, and then Lalitpur.
--

Return to “History”