"Asato Ma Sadgamaya
Tamaso Ma Jyotirgamaya
Mrityorma Amritam Gamaya"

For all of you, aawartaners.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Lead me from Darkness to Light

Postby kazi » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:41 pm

If truth is relative, if knowledge is fickle, and, death is inevitable, what do these words from the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad mean?
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Means since you have taken birth as a human being or any being for that matter, you must do your karma. That is all. And karma you may never abandon for you are here just for that purpose.

Experience, see, understand, work and live.. until you die because nothing, nothing except the lord himself is transcendental and is forever. And since nothing we can see, feel or sense is eternal, the upanishads tell us not to lament over their or our fickleness but to live, enjoy and perform our karma. And while we do that, we should always be at least focused on knowledge, longevity and truth because the focus itself will help us live a better life.

kazi

Postby kazi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:54 am

Life is a chain, of nothing but of changes
Radiant smiles and flooded eyes, all through it ranges
The sword, the diamonds, among them are some
Of the many, that will, in time be gone.

But we will later, if not now, see
Duty will ultimately set us free
For, what is duty, but selfless love
That our Lord has set from up above
Last edited by kazi on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:21 pm

That was sublime!

Having known the necessity of doing karma, sometimes though, we are overwhelmed with temporary spikes in depression/unhappiness that arise from material life. I don't know if Sanatana Dharma talks about how it can be managed.

kazi

Postby kazi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:21 pm

I think the name itself speaks volumes. In the mortal & impermanent world I do not see now the word *sanaatan* adjusts itself with *dharma*. Nevertheless, the essence of how we live, what we believe, lies in this name. The incessant cycle of life/death, love/hate goes on just as dharma perpetually strives to free us from this cycle. Its not what and its not how, but the real question is why. And the names answers just that.. freedom is not free... and this resonates with melody of the new world.
--

Return to “The Arts, Culture & Spirituality”