The Nature of Life and Pain and Wisdom

Nepal specific discussions on culture, spirituality and the arts
Ganesha

The Nature of Life and Pain and Wisdom

Postby Ganesha » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 pm

A brother made me notice this a while ago. And I felt like mentioning it here today.
He who learns must suffer. Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until, in our own despair, and against our will, comes wisdom by the awful grace of God..

[From remarks by Senator Robert F. Kennedy on the death of the Reverend Martin Luther King, at a rally in Indianapolis, Indiana, April 4, 1968, as quoted in Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., Robert Kennedy and His Times (Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1978), 875, 1020 n.84.]

I think it is beautiful, inspirational and very vivid in its expression of nature of life, pain and wisdom. What do you think?
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: The Nature of Life and Pain and Wisdom

Postby kazi » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:35 pm

@Ganesha, since you seem to have acquired a taste for Martin Luther King, Jr., here is another one for you: "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “The Arts, Culture & Spirituality”