1000 Rupees for a visit to Pashupatinath Temple

Nepal specific discussions on culture, spirituality and the arts
Ganesha

1000 Rupees for a visit to Pashupatinath Temple

Postby Ganesha » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 pm

Just read this news where Pashupati Area Development Committee has enacted a new rule thereby allowing pilgrims, a Darshan of Lord Shiva within 15 minutes provided they pay a thousand Nepali Rupees each. The committee hopes by enacting this rule starting this Teej, it will earn 1 crore rupees as the pilgrims that are expected to buy the tickets are assumed to be more than 10,000. In a country where there already is a very wide gap between the haves and the have nots, does this make sense? Or perhaps business sense. Any views?
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: 1000 Rupees for a visit to Pashupatinath Temple

Postby kazi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:59 am

Strange indeed.. but on the other hand, imagine how rich the temple is going to get if the scheme works..

I am curious as to how the management is going to deal with the line and the 15 minute customers simultaneously. If the regular devotees are going to bear the brunt of the new scheme it really does not sound fair to me. But what do I know? I have never stood in line..
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “The Arts, Culture & Spirituality”