List of 5 star tourism venues in Nepal

All Nepali resources that are yet to discovered and materialized or talked about in general
Ganesha

Re: List of 5 star tourism venues in Nepal

Postby Ganesha » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:03 pm

No, that is called the "Barahi Mandir" or Temple. Chhabdi and Dhor are places close to the city of Pokhara. You do a few hours of trek from DuleyGaunda, a sleepy junction on the Prithvi Highway. I have heard that they have flesh eating fishes there ( the sacrificed goat heads are dropped on the pool where the protected fishes are said to devour them!) Am searching for pics and will post them here once I get them.

Also, while searching, I just came across a site called Nepal Heritage Society that lists a lot of our great places. Kudos to them!
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:10 am

wow.. amazing.. I never knew these things. See, this is why I really appreciate this initiative of yours to start a forum. I really hope people realize how valuable this forum is.. not only as a platform to voice opinions, but to generate awareness of our own country and thus inculcate a sense of solidarity. Kudos to you also, @Ganesha.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:17 pm

;) It's you too.
15. Palanchowk Bhagwati and the view afforded from the hilltop

kazi

Postby kazi » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:44 pm

hehe.. you are too kind @Ganesha. Its like Krishna saying to Arjuna that you have conquered the world when in fact, its all Krishna's doing. I have only been a tool.

But yes, the idol of Palanchowk Bhagavati is the most beautiful art I have every seen. I mean I was truly mesmerized by the beauty and being the touchy feely type of guy, I was in awe of the hands that created it. If any of you aawartaners have not seen it, I highly recommend that you visit this Mecca of Hindu artistry. Mind you, the body of the statue is hidden under layer of flowers and tika, etc. But the face is so compelling.. you have to see it.. is all I can say.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 pm

15. Bandipur. Its on a hill, the water tastes like drinking minerals from the bosom of earth, the chirps of the happy birds is the only sound you will hear against the backdrop of an eternally blue sky, the women - unimaginably fair for a hilltop and the air smells of the green forest and the rich black soil. You cry in silence at the mesmerizing beauty. You will become, slightly more of a human being after the visit because you have become a bit closer with the lord himself.

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:50 pm

I was talking to an old friend about his trekking experiences and he mentioned his trip to Gosain Kunda. Perhaps that trip is covered in the Langtang circuit, which we might already have mentioned earlier.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:36 pm

@ kazi - no we have not mentioned Gosain Kunda. It becomes the 16th venue then.

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:43 am

Actually I'd rather have Langtang circuit as the 16th touristic venture and Gosain Kunda would be part of it. I hope this is now it goes and its not just my imagination.
--

Return to “Hidden Resources”