List of 5 star tourism venues in Nepal

All Nepali resources that are yet to discovered and materialized or talked about in general
kazi

List of 5 star tourism venues in Nepal

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:14 pm

I'd like to list top venues and that feature 5 star facilities. If Nepal is to make tourism a serious source of income, we must be able to provide 5 star facilities around interesting venues. Let us make an effort to document these venues and possible facilities here.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Re: List of 5 star tourism venues in Nepal

Postby kazi » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:01 pm

I was re-reading this thread and I got the feeling I might have overplayed my enthusiasm for promoting tourism in Nepal. I think we should start with tourism venues in various placed in Nepal. If this thread gains popularity, this can be a good source of information for tourists destined for Nepal. And I can see that we might need to divide this thread by region or types of destinations.

I would like to start with the Kathmandu valley:
HIstorical:
    1. Durbar Squares (Kantipur, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur)
    2. Temples (I am a bit hesitant because temples may have visitation restrictions)
    3. Entertainment
      3.a House of Music
      3.b Tantra
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:43 pm

4. Bindhyabasini Temple, Pokhara (Especially during Dashain)
6. Manakamana (uphill on foot, downhill on the cable car)
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:59 am

7. Swayambhu
8. Vyasanagar in Damauli (where Ved Vyas was born)
9. Janaki mandir in Janakpur
10. Maru Ganesh (the only temple in Nepal without gajur)
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:40 am

11. The Annapurna Circuit
12. Muktinath Temple - the scared place for both Hindus and Buddhists

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 pm

I have refrained from attaching links in this section because I did not want to promote one travel agency over another. And I really appreciate your (@Ganesha) effort to put links that are informative only.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:15 pm

Thank you for your sensitivity kazi. Sure, I could do that.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:38 am

@Ganesha, I get the sense you got my earlier comment the other way. It was not a reprimand and it was not even a suggestion. It was an acknowledgement of the fact that you have been very careful about adding links arbitrarily and that I really appreciate that.. :) I apologize if I was clear.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:02 pm

No worries kazi!
13. Dhorbaraha (The link is courtesy of Mr, Phatta Thapa and the temple on the background is Dhorbaraha. Anyone has a better shot, please let us know or post a link) & Chhabdi Baraha
14. Poon Hills

kazi

Postby kazi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:26 pm

Is Dhorbaraha the temple in the middle of Phewa Taal?
--

Return to “Hidden Resources”