Internationally acclaimed Nepalese

All Nepali resources that are yet to discovered and materialized or talked about in general
Ganesha

Re: Internationally acclaimed Nepalese

Postby Ganesha » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:43 am

17. Prabal Gurung. Acclaimed fashion designer in New York. A rare Nepali. (His tweets live at http://twitter.com/prabalgurung)
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:33 pm

I used to know him. From what I can remember, I'm not surprised he is an *acclaimed* designer. Indeed a rare Nepali.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:08 pm

18. Bhawan Bhatta - The now famous Nepali entrepreneur in Japan. ( I was searching for his interview in Newsweek and have not found it yet. Can anybody put a link here?)
19. Uttam Sanjel - A very different Nepali. A revolutionary. Ever heard of "bamboo schools?!

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:46 am

20. And here comes the first woman, Mallika Shakya. Her Linkedin profile lives here.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Isn't it funny how such an acclaimed Nepali is a friend in my facebook?
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Your are lucky Kazi!

21. Dr. Alok Bohara, Professor of Economics, University of New Mexico.

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:39 am

Milan Karki in the news.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Its definitely good news for Nepal and the budding Milan Karki. I saw this piece a while ago on slashdot.org and could not decide of anything after reading a few comments. I hope this is real and that he is making Nepal truly proud. At least one thing is certain - he has generated a deluge of media exposure and that is wonderful.

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:42 pm

I am a science student, but I really don't have any idea of the design behind Milan Karki's product. 23 Sterling pounds is certainly not kids' play (as least in my day) and human hair certainly does not seem to be a major component in the device. Moreoever, I am amazed how human hair works as a conductor. I must be getting really old.. ;) Anyway, kudos to the budding scientist.
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Kanak Mani Dixit awarded the prestigious first Dutch Prince Claus award according to Nepalitimes.com.
--

Return to “Hidden Resources”