Internationally acclaimed Nepalese

All Nepali resources that are yet to discovered and materialized or talked about in general
Ganesha

Re: Internationally acclaimed Nepalese

Postby Ganesha » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Dr. Shiva Gautam, Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School
aawartan.org - nepali forum

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Dr. Sanduk Ruit, "the master surgeon who gives back eyesight to anyone who needs, regardless of his/her ability to pay". Pioneered suture-less form of cataract surgery. Pioneered intraocular transplants in Nepal. This is a man that perhaps a lot of women and men dream to become one, someday. Here is his Ramon Magsaysay of 2006.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Mon May 03, 2010 12:45 am

26. Dr. Kul Chandra Gautam
27. Dr. Upendra Mahato

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon May 03, 2010 11:49 am

Here is the link for Kul Chandra Gautam.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:38 pm

28. Cannot figure how we missed Mahabir Pun. Perhaps we know him so much that we forgot!

kazi

Postby kazi » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:35 pm

tei ta.. I think we had mentioned him somewhere but we had not included him in this list.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:07 am

Khagendra Thapa Magar will be eligible to become the world's shortest man at 1' 8" [corrected] in the Guinness Book of World Records after October 14 when he turns 18 years old.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:10 pm

And the The New York Times says,
7. World’s shortest man (22 inches, from Nepal) visits New York and says he’s attracted to tall blond women. Katmandu’s Dudley Moore.
of Khagendra Thapa Magar in "The 10 Things to Talk About This Weekend". At least Nepal now has something positive to cheer about! Keep up Khagendra.

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks to you post @Ganesha, I realized an error in my last post on the height of the little man and corrected it.
--

Ganesha

Khagendra Nepali Pictures - Amazing

Postby Ganesha » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Just wanted to share a couple of interesting pictures of Khagendra Nepali shot by Nepal based freelance photographer, Tom Van Cakenberghe. Thanks Tom.

Return to “Hidden Resources”