Acclaimed Women of Nepal, A List

All Nepali resources that are yet to discovered and materialized or talked about in general
Ganesha

Acclaimed Women of Nepal, A List

Postby Ganesha » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:25 am

This thread shall be an effort to list all Nepali women of acclaim, from history and of the present. Please feel to add them here.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Acclaimed Women of Nepal, A List

Postby kazi » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:56 pm

any time? in any country? Why don't you start with a few and lead the way?
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:13 pm

I wanted to put Sapana Pradhan Malla but have not gotten hold of any good link that chronicles her achievements.

kazi

Postby kazi » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:27 pm

You can chronicle her achievements.. :) perhaps others can then link to us.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Sat May 01, 2010 12:50 am

Here is a link.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Mon May 03, 2010 12:38 am

2. Anuradha Koirala - Winner of CNN Hero of the year - 2010
3. Rita Thapa
4. Ani Choying
5. Dr. Sangita Rayamajhi - first women to recieve PhD in English Literature in Nepal

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon May 03, 2010 12:00 pm

Interesting to know about Ani Choying.. I hope the readers are aware that "Ani" is not a name. In fact, it is a title of a Buddhist nun. I have the greatest respect for them because they symbolize the ultimate purpose of life for me.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Tue May 04, 2010 10:36 pm

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed May 05, 2010 8:18 am

7. Pemba Doma Sherpa deceased mountain climber).
It's funny how people recognize Nepal by the Himalayas and the Sherpa and the yak. When I say I am from Nepal, people assume I live up in the Himalayas and that my friends are Sherpas riding on yaks. I think we owe it to the mountaineers that give us such universal acclaim.. more so to the women climbers.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Mon May 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Return to “Hidden Resources”