Look at Lagos, Nigeria & Believe "We Can" in Nepal

All Nepali resources that are yet to discovered and materialized or talked about in general
Ganesha

Look at Lagos, Nigeria & Believe "We Can" in Nepal

Postby Ganesha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Many of us Nepalis have always thought of Nepal during the last decade as lost somewhere in the doldrums of messed up politics, unstable and horrific situation for anything good to happen and have wished to God many times asking him to bring back some sanity into the leadership, into the Nepali environment. Well, here is another country, a name synonymous with Internet scams, stupendous corruption and the wretchedly poor despite having one of world's largest oil reserves setting an example to the entire world how entrepreneurship, hope, bonding and dead focus can bring back sanity and a life of happiness, even when you are working in a garbage dump. I have here, links to a series of BBC documentary that I dedicate to all aspiring Nepali entrepreneurs and those who have always said "Kehi pani Hudaina Yaha" (meaning - nothing can be done here.)

If you are interested to learn about these videos and Lagos, here are some links you can visit:
1. The Guardian article on, "Welcome to Lagos: how Nigeria's dirt poor scratch a living in a city teeming with business flair"
2. The BBC blog series entitled, "Welcome to Lagos - it'll defy your expectations"

Here is the Youtube Video. It has six parts and Youtube should bring up a link to the next one after you complete watching the first piece.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

Ganesha

Re: Look at Lagos, Nigeria & Believe "We Can" in Nepal

Postby Ganesha » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:31 am

Here is episode 2 of the series. It also has six parts.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Look at Lagos, Nigeria & Believe "We Can" in Nepal

Postby kazi » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:13 am

I watched the first part and thought, "damnation.. what a way to live.." but then I began to think on the positive aspects of that life. One of the good things is that they are so much in charge of their lives, free from prejudice, free from bias. A question arose in my mind, is that freedom?
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “Hidden Resources”