Role of *bhardars* in Nepali Shah History

All Nepali resources that are yet to discovered and materialized or talked about in general
kazi

Role of *bhardars* in Nepali Shah History

Postby kazi » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:40 am

Everybody knows about the dark ages during the 100+ years of the Rana (Kunwar) occupation of the throne of Nepal during the Shah reign. However, if we look at it from an objective perspective we will see that while the history books found the Ranas culpable, the other *bhardars* (Thapas, Bistas, Basnyats and Pandeys) are equally to blame in terms of what they did. All the four *bhardars* did exactly the same thing, but only Ranas succeeded in their dirty politics. In other words, if the Thapas or Bistas or Basnyats or Pandeys succeeded in their power struggle and gained control over the kings/queens, they could have replaced Ranas in the annals of history. To be fair, there is always a chance that they would make Nepal better, but that would have been a slim chance. I hope I am able to get my point through.

Even though the throne has lost its divinity and the kings/queens have come down to earth, the role of *bhardars* have not diminished in Nepal. They do not have the integrity to claim the throne, but they do push and pull strings in the name of Nepal.

Whoever said Nepal is free? We need to get rid of these *bhardars* before we can truly be free.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

blatant *trouble makers*

Postby kazi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:47 am

A blatant example of *bhardar* -ism and trouble-making that has plagued Nepal is in the news. I am just surprised that after all is said and done, these creeps want to take Nepal and the Nepali people backwards again. We, the people, have gone through it and we have said in clear tones that democracy is the way to go for modern Nepal. Democracy is the system of choice for Nepal. Let us not go round and round in circles and discuss something that has been decided upon by the people.

Yes there is tension, yes the learning curve for democracy has been flatter than expected, but we will eventually get it right and democracy will prevail. Let us, once and for all, eliminate this trend of *bhardar* -ism for petty personal gains and think, work and speak for the benefit of our nation. Rather than going against the very grain of democracy, why not provide constructive ways to make it work? When *sati* cursed Nepal, the curse might have manifested in the form of damned *bhardars*.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: Role of *bhardars* in Nepali Shah History

Postby Ganesha » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:05 pm

I am with you kazi on this. Well said.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Role of *bhardars* in Nepali Shah History

Postby kazi » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:28 am

It does not come as a surprise to me that all this revolution since the saat saal seems to be a perpetual struggle against some form of king or the other.
--

Return to “Hidden Resources”