Following Mahabir Pun in his Footsteps

All Nepali resources that are yet to discovered and materialized or talked about in general
Ganesha

Following Mahabir Pun in his Footsteps

Postby Ganesha » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Most of the people I meet are simply fascinated by the work of Mahabir Pun in "wiring up" rural Nepal. He took up a basic idea, of bringing in the Internet to hills of Nangi and then so many other things (computer education, telemedicine, farmer's virtual marketplace, telephone, etc. ) followed with it, thus transforming those hills and Nepal with his legendary work. If you are one of those who love and respect Pun, let's discuss what other such "basic" themes could be conceived and worked on, on an individual basis to contribute to Nepal and follow the exemplary Pun in his footsteps.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Following Mahabir Pun in his Footsteps

Postby kazi » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:33 pm

I like the idea of farmer's virtual marketplace. I think it should not be too difficult to set up as a kiosk with a touch screen.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “Hidden Resources”