chicken first? or, the egg?

All Nepali resources that are yet to discovered and materialized or talked about in general
kazi

chicken first? or, the egg?

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:05 am

According to the news, Axel Plathe, the country representative of UNESCO for Nepal said that "..many women live in deep poverty due to a lack of access to basic reading and writing skills..." I just wonder if that statement is more accurate than, "due to lack of literacy, many women live in deep poverty." This is like the typical chicken and egg case. But from the solution point of view, I think it is due to illiteracy that women are poor.

45 crore illiterate women.. it pains me to even imagine how many children will be affected by this humongous number. I believe women provide the initial nourishment that is so critical for the future. And therefore I shall make it a goal in life to make sure that this number is minimized as much as possible.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: chicken first? or, the egg?

Postby Ganesha » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:37 am

Can we hatch a few plans to accomplish that?
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: chicken first? or, the egg?

Postby kazi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:02 am

I think I read in the news somewhere about Dr. Subedi who granted a certain school some money for education. I think this should be strongly emulated by those of us capable of helping out. Also the government should be the first to initiate such activities.. not for political propaganda but to truly provide the people with tools that will enable them to build iteratively on knowledge and information.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “Hidden Resources”