In search of a leader.. in search of the divine..

The crisis, how to deal with leadership vacuum & traits such leader(s) require(s), notable leaders of the past/present
Ganesha

Re: In search of a leader.. in search of the divine..

Postby Ganesha » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:31 pm

An interesting observation.

Nepalis do not much like politicians in general unless if you are among the few who are benefitting from them. Also, MKN in the eyes of the people (especially those who do not favor him) would like to stress on the fact that he was never elected to reach his current post. Further, It is also a fact that our culture does not appreciate learning through failures and thus MKN lands gets himself in a double whammy.

But the fact of the time is, he is the man on the top spot and no matter what has happened, he seems to have the staying power and that ability in itself has to be respected. At the end of the day, those who actually do something are going to be counted rather than all those who lament all day and do nothing.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 am

There is a little story I know. Here is how it goes:
There was once a dhobi who owned a lazy donkey. One day, really mad at the donkey, the dhobi dug a big hole and started to bury the poor donkey... alive. What is the donkey to do? With each shovel full of dirt that the dhobi poured on the donkey, it merely shrugged it off. Each time a pile of dirt fell on him, he simply shrugged it off. Eventually a pile of dirt accumulated under its legs. It climbed the pile and escaped the hole.

Lesson 1: If the donkey can have a strategy, as humans we can do much better.
Lesson 2: Never underestimate anybody.. not even a donkey.
Lesson 3: Never overestimate anybody.. not even the smartest human.
Lesson 4: The donkey did not have a strategy. It was simply doing what it was programmed to do. The savior was the programmer.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed May 19, 2010 9:25 am

I recently came across a beautiful saying, which I have modified a bit as follows: "a leader is one who can have anything, and yet she takes only that which is rightfully hers."
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:13 pm

I think this is an inherent requirement in a leader and for leadership: Like any other *right* there is validity only when the right is given first. This entails that a person's right to freedom of speech can be successfully implemented only when the right is given to others. We all know the story of five blind men with an elephant. The leader is one who can see the elephant and make the blind men see.
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:37 pm

Is there hope still that a new leader will emerge and unite the Nepalis to lead them towards a common goal?
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Well, I would want to believe it. I really do.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Seriously, what is it that the people really want from the leaders? I think rather than blaming the politicians of their shortcomings, it is high time that the people are able to communicate clearly to the leaders what they themselves want.
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:23 pm

I think the politics of today is in disarray mainly because political parties are driven by individuals, who are limited in their time on earth as well as limited compared to collective reasoning. Human progress is solely due to collective cumulative knowledge and therefore any spurt that is generated by an individual must be perpetuated by collective knowledge.

We have always had political leaders in Nepal, and in fact, great ones at that. But I think the spurt they have provided has not yet been perpetuated by collective strength. In other words, a true leader is not an individual but an ideology. And the individual who can give the collective masses that ideology is the one that should lead Nepal.
--

kazi

Supreme Commander of Jana Andolan Ganesh Man Singh

Postby kazi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:28 am

95th birth anniversary of Supreme Commander of Jana Andolan Ganesh Man Singh was celebrated. Just like George Washington, this great man led the war and won and then handed over power to the people. He is truly one among the supreme commanders of the world.
--

Return to “Nepali Crisis of Leadership”