Similarities of Nepali vs Indian politics

The crisis, how to deal with leadership vacuum & traits such leader(s) require(s), notable leaders of the past/present
kazi

Similarities of Nepali vs Indian politics

Postby kazi » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 am

Its funny how politics in India and Nepal resemble each other. I little laugh now and then with political parody cannot hurt anyone, right? Take for example, Jawahar Lal Nehru, the well educated, polished and astute statesman who eventually took the reins of Indian politics. BP Koirala is very much similar to Nehru. Just as Nehru was a bridge between the India's haves and have-nots, BPK would just as easily associate with the royalty as well as the general masses. Just as current day India could not have done without Nehru, modern Nepal would not be so without BPK. Zinna was a bit like Matrika PK, like a renegade creeper who went rogue and tried to strangle the very tree of politics that gave it a framework and support for growth. Gandhi, on the other hand, was the self-sacrificing, upright and principled man who would unite the nation against the imperialist megaliths. And this role of Gandhi is taken by the father of democracy, Ganesh Man Singh. I would go to the extent of saying that GMS is not only the father but also the mother of democracy, without whose months of nurture and without the final moment of labored pushing, the beautiful baby of democracy might not have seen the face of Nepal. I know because I was there during the [nine] months and during delivery, so to say. And lastly, but not least, how could we forget Indira Gandhi the brain child of Nehru. The symbol of strength, of iron-rule, of sweeping reforms, the name feared not only in earth, but in aakaash and patal as well. This image we can liken to Girija PK, the fearless and astute leader who is respected by all the worlds. The only flaw with Indira Gandhi is that she tried to thrust Sanjaya Gandhi down the throat of the people and when worst came to worst, poor Rajiv Gandhi had to be sacrificed in the name of her ambition.

Enjoy, Aawartaners.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Re: Similarities of Nepali vs Indian politics

Postby kazi » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:34 pm

The whole day today I was thinking who would be a suitable Laloo Prasad contender in Nepali politics.. haha.. still can't figure that one out.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Enjoyed reading the first post!

All of them sadly were of the past or have become past. Are there anyone that can be compared in the current context?
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:25 am

We think time is linear, but it is not. Its just a cycle like life and death.. no wonder, time is also called "kaal". But to answer your query, no, I do not know much about politics today. The distance is too far.
--

Return to “Nepali Crisis of Leadership”