Leader(s) for Nepal - Young or Old

The crisis, how to deal with leadership vacuum & traits such leader(s) require(s), notable leaders of the past/present
kazi

Leader(s) for Nepal - Young or Old

Postby kazi » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:16 am

In order to meet the objectives of this discussion thread, we can also make interesting debate on what type of leader is more suitable. For example, we can start with:

RESOLVE: Young generation leaders vs. Older generation leaders for leadership in new Nepal.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: Leader(s) for Nepal - Young or Old

Postby Ganesha » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 am

The young generation of course. Along with the line "Jadhyaha ko chhora raksi chhudaina" meaning, the son of a drunkard seldom drinks - I believe the young generation will find it far more difficult at least to do all the nasty things that the old (the current generation in power) is doing.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Or maybe this type of debate is not appropriate for our context in Nepal. I think a more relevant discussion would be to debate on Meritocracy vs. Seniority.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

daarshanik

Postby daarshanik » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:09 pm

I think the most crucial quality lacking in leaders is not the age or criteria on which they are selected - seniority vs. merit.

I think Nepal needs leaders with integrity and whose actions are in line with their words.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:01 am

Thank you. @daarshanik, for reviving this thread. I thought it would be an interesting topic for discussion and still believe it to be so.

As traditional as I am, in the context of Nepal I think, with all due respects, the older generation leaders are out-dated because they were freedom fighters against the tyrannical leaders. And I have to say they were good at it. But today is a different world. We need to fight against illiteracy, terrorism and poverty. In the words of Bob Kiyosaki, we need to figure out a way out of the proverbial rat-race. The Kurukshetra has shifted from kings to economy and we need a visionary who can see through the petty political games and lead us to make our mark in the world.. however small or big it may be.
--

Return to “Nepali Crisis of Leadership”