The making of a Nepali leader

The crisis, how to deal with leadership vacuum & traits such leader(s) require(s), notable leaders of the past/present
Ganesha

The making of a Nepali leader

Postby Ganesha » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:21 am

I was wondering how that special leader that will truly lead Nepal will be made. Do you think he is among us today or perhaps you are already witnessing a flicker of hope in someone already.. I like to think the person is already there.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: The making of a Nepali leader

Postby kazi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:46 pm

I'd like to think that the special one, a ready-made leader, would be able to unite the Nepalis and bring balance to the chaos that is Nepal. But alas.. Almighty had cast out Adam & Eve from the Garden of Eden saying we must toil for anything we desire. In other words, I do not believe that success with democracy can be achieved with just dreams and good wishes. We need each and every individual to participate in the making of our nation... not by fear or greed or anger.. but by awareness.. by the realization that democracy is built upon the individuals and can acknowledge our diversity and proceed with unity and dignity.

We need leaders who will lead us to such awareness.. leaders who will teach people how to fish rather than distributing free fish.. leaders who will empower individuals to exercise their right to liberty and happiness.. leaders who will show the path from darkness to light.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:23 pm

The recent incident of the PM Nepal's khukuri gift to the US President Obama is an example of a poor leadership and equally poor administration. I think such social and protocol blunders can be prevented by careful study of the host country's customs and requirements.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:59 pm

:) Kazi is hurt and angry at the fiasco.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:42 pm

haha. hurt & angry.. no. embarrassed.. yes. I think our PM and his administration should have carefully followed procedures for making such gifts. Seriously, its not the first time an international figure has been presented with such a gift. I am just surprised that such a common procedure was a source of laughs. Thankfully, with due respect for a national figure-head, there was no undue sarcasm in print.
--

Return to “Nepali Crisis of Leadership”