Will the drafting of the constitution finish on time?

Any aawartaner (registered user) can create one.

Poll ended at Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:50 pm

yes, within May 2010.
No votes
yes, extended beyond May 2010.
67%
never.
33%

Total votes: 3

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:50 pm

I honestly do not know what the agenda was for the new republic government established after the royal family was dethroned from the seat of the *head of government*. But I am sure one of the major agendas was to draft a constitution. To date, the outlook is bleak and success is far from realization. But it might just be a pessimistic streak. Nevertheless, I just wanted to see how our fellow aawartaners feel about the issue.

This polling will be enabled for a month from today.

Update: EXTENDED
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: Will the drafting of the constitution finish on time?

Postby Ganesha » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Had this poll been created in some popular sites like mysansar or republica, I am sure a lot of people would curse and vote for never!
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Specially with a government as this, there is very little hope for success. The previous has some hope but under pressure, it kicked itself too. The only real hope lay in GPK, but his big nose got in the way of progress. Indeed the future looks bleak. But all is not lost.. perhaps the new generation of leaders will do the trick?
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:21 pm

I think we started off this forum just for a day like this. Are not there people like us who are distressed but hopeful, downtrodden but ready to rise up? Those who can think and have some ideas about the where to take the country to and those who also have some clout to infect the poisonous leadership with sanity. Where are they? Do not they exist at all? Are all Nepalis perennially hopeless and helpless like we are finding ourselves in at this juncture?

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:52 pm

The only sad aspect of this polling is that we have so few pollsters.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:58 am

Yes boss. But don't worry. Life has always prospered, things have always grown and the nature of the things has always been "leading oneself from darkness to light" (Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya). We are not beating the drums in a void. The ripples go everywhere and someday soon, they will start working... :) Merry Christmas friend!

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:44 pm

marry chrismas.. ;)
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:33 pm

Just to add to the funniness of "Merry Christmas", someone was greeting me saying, "Teri Christmas"!

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:29 am

haha.. you deserve it my friend.. ;)
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:40 am

There is still time to vote or to change votes..

Update: unfortunately, the poll cannot be extended.. but please let me know if you prefer an extension, in which case, a new one can be created. Or, you can create one yourself.
--

Return to “Aawartan Poll”