Who is the first prime minister of democratic Nepal?

Any aawartaner (registered user) can create one.

Poll ended at Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Girija Prasad
No votes
Pushpa Kamal
No votes
Madhav Kumar if the constitution is established during his tenure, or, whoever succeeds in ratifying the constitution.
No votes
Will be known after election under democratic constitution
100%

Total votes: 3

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Recently I was reveiwing the list of prime ministers in Nepal. I thought there was bit of confusion about who the first prime minister of democratic Nepal is. We know GPK was the caretaker prime minister and considering the time line he is the first prime minister. But the question is who made him the prime minister? the ex-king, who abdicated the throne and the privileges. Thereby, annulling the position conferred when he was king. In that respect, PKD is the leading contender as the first prime minister. But the question is about the first prime minister of democratic Nepal. And as of yet, there is no constitution, and hence no democratic Nepal. So, in essence, PKD as the first prime minister of Nepal is also questionable. Thus, if MKN succeeds in ratifying the new democratic constitution of Nepal, he is the real first prime minister of democratic Nepal.

Does this all mean that we have to wait for the constitution to be established? Or yet, do we have to wait for result of elections after the new democratic constitution has been institutionalized?

Please participate in this poll to let us know your opinion. This poll is open for 30 days henceforth and aawartaners are allowed to change their opinion till then.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Re: Who is the first prime minister of democratic Nepal?

Postby kazi » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:18 am

Its interesting how few votes are made. Perhaps, its the holiday season. Or perhaps, people really dont care.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Re: Who is the first prime minister of democratic Nepal?

Postby kazi » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:02 am

It seems that MKN has forsaken opportunity to become the first PM of democratic Nepal. So who will get this title then? Please give your opinion in the new poll.
--

Return to “Aawartan Poll”