Who will be the next PM?

Any aawartaner (registered user) can create one.

Who will be the next PM

Poll ended at Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:25 am

Baburam Bhattarai
100%
Gyanendra Shah
No votes
Jhala Natha Khanal
No votes
Madhav Kumar Nepal
No votes
Pushpa Kamal Dahal
No votes
Ram Chandra Paudel
No votes
Sher Bahadur Deuba
No votes
(somebody else)
No votes

Total votes: 2

kazi

Re: Who will be the next PM?

Postby kazi » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:04 am

I think drafting the constitution is of primordial importance because without a constitution, Nepal does not really have any identity in the world. So, let there be a separation of governance and this task. Let the position of caretaker PM be held by a non-political entity (group of individual) whose sole qualified task is to transparently take care of the nation for 12 months only. The first six months is for drafting the constitution. A highly paid professional national committee (political and non-political) should be formed to finish the task within three months, at the end of which the house of representatives will take a vote for the next three months each day every day till the job is finished. The second six months is to conduct fresh elections for the premiership of a democratic Nepal. The first three months will be given for free campaigning purposes. The next two months will be given to government-moderated campaigning. The last month is for elections all over the country, electing a house of representatives and the PM.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 am

I have even forgotten when MKN resigned from the post of PM. And yet, he is still the PM. This is the beauty of Nepal. I think the leaders should realize by now that people are getting tired of being played around. If leaders want to continue being leaders, they should be accountable to their commitments: we need to see the constitution in place.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:32 pm

I just wonder what success the new parliament elections will get in 3 days that they could not get in months. We can but wait and see till Aug 6.
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:43 pm

aba pani PM finalize garna sakena bhane euta seto hatti lai fuul ko maalaa diyera lavanya desh tira rawana gare hunchha.. enough of the circus... haina ta?
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Perhaps that will console our hearts for a while...
aawartan.org - nepali forum

Aarhaama

Postby Aarhaama » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Baburam Bhattarai

kazi

Postby kazi » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:32 am

People start to speculate different possibilities when there are two figureheads in any organization. And therefore it is natural that many people think BRB is a leading contender against PKD. But I believe different. I think there is political stability within their party because there are three, not only two power heads within the party. We know two of them and I have a hunch there is a third that has not been publicized. Otherwise, logically, the party would not have been stable for so long. But again, I might just be speculating and offer this thought as some food for thought.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:00 pm

This time over (sixth failure in electing the PM), even the editor of Nepali Times, Kunda Dixit is tired. Read his blog entitled, "Nakachara Netahroo" meaning Shameless Politicians and feel the pain.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:07 am

Yes, I fully agree with Kunda Dixit. But with all due respects, I think he is saying there is a problem.. and that is fine. But where is the solution? I think we should explore solutions rather than analyzing problems too much and engaging in negative criticism. We know the problems, dont we? Lack of awareness.. that is the core of all our problems, but as we discussed earlier, just creating awareness is also not a solution.. we need to eat, clothe ourselves and have a roof over our heads. First make sure each and every Nepali has basic needs, while simultaneously creating awareness.. that is the mool mantra for today's leaders, for well wishers of Nepal and Nepali people, and a common vision for Nepalis.
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:55 am

So the question once more is, "Is the end in sight?" so that we can move on and start a new democratic republic Nepal?
--

Return to “Aawartan Poll”