Who will be the next PM?

Any aawartaner (registered user) can create one.

Who will be the next PM

Poll ended at Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:25 am

Baburam Bhattarai
100%
Gyanendra Shah
No votes
Jhala Natha Khanal
No votes
Madhav Kumar Nepal
No votes
Pushpa Kamal Dahal
No votes
Ram Chandra Paudel
No votes
Sher Bahadur Deuba
No votes
(somebody else)
No votes

Total votes: 2

Ganesha

Re: Who will be the next PM?

Postby Ganesha » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:02 pm

The end is always on sight. We just seem not to be moving. :)
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:16 am

Perhaps it is, and perhaps not.. depending on the eye-sight. I think the biggest hindrance to getting off the rocking chair is that the end is not yet in sight. But then I'm speaking for myself only. I have no clue whats going on with the so-called *leaders* in Nepal. Its not a wonder the leaders are rocking to and fro and getting nowhere.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:17 pm

Everyone knows that the party which finally gets everyone together in the boat will reign for the remaining time. And it is because of this fear that parties do not want to come together. Its a game and only one wins. So nobody is playing, you could say, at the moment because once you start playing, their will definitely be one winner.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:39 am

After George Washington won independence from England, he gave the power back to the people. Great thinkers and leaders like Benjamin Franklin and John Hancock got together to formulate a vision for the country and thus producing a constitution. Only after that the politicians took over the governance. Such a constitution has survived many internal conflicts and yet remains the single unalterable reference point for the USA.

Fortunately for us, we are at the same stage. And unfortunately for us, politicians are the ones writing the constitution. And I really doubt if there is a vision. There are so many *states* within Nepal that I think our setting is perfect to follow the trends of the USA. Like I have said before, there is a time to lead and there is a time to follow. And I think this time we need to follow and learn from the experiences of existing successes.

If I understand you correctly @Ganesha, by remaining time you mean the time till the constitution is drafted, right? We all know that as long as everybody wants that credit only nobody is going to do the job properly. Its when leaders work with abandon for the benefit of the nation, the nation will come back to reward them. It will do well for the leaders to understand that. As for the people, when will they realize that the real power in a democracy is with them? Will they gain awareness only when they have suffered enough under the morbid chaos of the current political leaders?
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “Aawartan Poll”