Call home to mom frequently.

Detailed lists and instructions for Nepalis residing abroad
kazi

Call home to mom frequently.

Postby kazi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Being out of Nepal for almost half of my adult life, and being in a hostel in my childhood, I do not seem to miss home all that much. Or, maybe its just a guy thing. But I always miss my mom. Only the other day we were talking on Skype and she said that she found a pretty butterfly in the cupboard and she closed the glass door and imprisoned it so that she could enjoy a few moments with the butterfly. I felt a pang, which in spite of my expressiveness, I can find no words to express the feeling. I could feel the loneliness my mom was probably feeling but not saying it. I felt I was letting down my mom. Anyway, call mom..
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

AshaKoKiran

Re: Call home to mom frequently.

Postby AshaKoKiran » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 am

We pretty much share the same feeling. I have been away from home since my 4th grade. This is the reason why I am so close to my friends and always want them around. However I did not get much time to know everything about everyone in the house. It sometimes makes me sad :-(

But, I always have this awesome feeling whenever I talk to my mother. Its different. :-) . She is the best thing that ever happened to me!! Though I am always away from home, I am emotionally attach to her.

So, call home to mom frequently and see the difference.
Mero desh mero PaheChan.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:02 pm

A close friend of mine says she has been thinking about the butterfly and mom. Very powerful post, kazi.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:21 am

You are one of few that can empathize as well as sympathize with me, @Ganesha. Thank you for that. You might have noticed that I ended the post abruptly.. perhaps because it came from deep inside. And that is usually what happens to our deepest feelings because we are trained to hide our vulnerability. And yet, I am glad it peeked out a bit.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:21 pm

We need more reactions from fellow aawartaners on this just to find out if they too feel the same with moms. Is it a general feeling or is it just a feeling coveted by a few? We also need to explore what kind of energy you get from calling dad and thus try to find out a difference between the two, however subtle.

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:53 am

That's interesting and we should speak up. That said, may I just put in a small note that the whole thing is not about me, or us who are living abroad. Its about our moms and family and near and dear ones who are back home. The point is that we have an obligation to keep in touch.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:47 pm

It is one of the first things I tell anyone away from home to do when I find in their emails that they are not happy.

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:56 am

call mom, specially today..
--

vaidehi

Postby vaidehi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:27 am

I was about to write exactly this,but you did kazi :) thank you
I already bought my calling cards, my mom is eagerly waiting to hear my voice.

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:06 pm

nice..

by the way @vaidehi, here is a price list of calling card rates that some friends of mine compiled some time back. You might find it useful:
==
Destino cc: 45 minutes for $3 = 6.66 cents/minute
voipcheap.com = 11 cents/minute
Himtel cc: 60 minutes for $5 = 8.33 cents/minute
relianceglobalcall.com = 17.9 cents/minute
kantipurtel.com = 5 cents/minute
santacard.com cheapest rate = 10 cents/minute
==
--

Return to “Do's and Don'ts”