external links should not open in the same page

Your ideas to make aawartan interesting and useful
kazi

external links should not open in the same page

Postby kazi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:55 am

I just noticed that if I click on external links, the new page will open on the same page/tab, thus diverting attention away from you this site. And though sano kura, it decreases publicity, and that cant be good. I think all external links should open in new window, by default.

If there is a way for users to code it, please let us know.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: external links should not open in the same page

Postby Ganesha » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:36 am

Thanks kazi. We have applied the necessary modifications. All external URLs should now be opening in new tabs. This modification is just a "dirty hack" and if you find anything wrong with opening tabs, please do report it to us.

(Since all major internet browsers now have "new tab" option, we initially left that option to the user.)
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:40 am

that was fast response.. gudd
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:48 am

You are welcome. Remember to spread the word around. aawartan.org - where intellectuals discuss Nepal.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:53 am

eh.. arko kura ni..private message herda there is some confusion on the new messages.. euta kura ta color nai ali contrasting chhaina.. tes maathi message chhutauna lai alternately color gareko chha.. so it gets messy.

also, I have experienced some anomalies with number of new messages displayed and the new message "count". I dont know if it was a one-time thing or consistent with other users' experence
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Hmm... that IS an issue. If too many members feel the same, we shall have to do something about it. But for the time-being, we sincerely hope that you will acclimatize with the software. :)

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:08 pm

fair enough.. but yeah.. we gotta get the word around about the forum..
--

Return to “Suggestions”