Hope

Your ideas to make aawartan interesting and useful
kazi

Hope

Postby kazi » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 am

I promised to share any ideas and here is one.. I was at a website called Give Me Hope. I think we Nepalis have to get over whatever issues we have and work together towards growth and prosperity. Even though times seem bleak and future is uncertain, we need to maintain hope. We need to know that there are people in Nepal who rise above petty issues and work, talk, think, and, feel for the common good. We need a medium that will share the generosities, kindnesses, nobility of the common people, big or small. We need to be inspired.. we need hope.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: Hope

Postby Ganesha » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:37 am

A nice site! and a great idea for that matter. I of course see hope in the content but I like the idea of the site even better.

Coincidentally, I found this site, My Life is Average a few days ago and could not just believe that such an idea/website could even work, but it apparently does and is a hit too. I feel that though on first sight, the mylifeisaverage site might look depressing. But there are always going to be many more failures and underachievers and averages than achievers and superstars and this site probably gives hope to all of them.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:02 pm

I was surprised with the average website... and more so of its success.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Talking about strange topics and ideas, here is another one entitled, "The cat in my flat must go back". Salon.com is a pretty respected site,1732nd worldwide according to Alexa, (while aawartan today is 2,835,069th!)and this story is on the front page right now. It was published today (Aug 3, 2010) and already has 50 comments, which to me sounds unbelievable for a fretting about a cat the person does not like.

Please note that all the websites posted under this thread make me feel that to be successful on the Internet, you really have to think out of the box to the extent that that your idea at first might sound arcane, ludicrous or too mundane for even you.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:37 am

Well, I think pets are really a big deal here, specially for hardcore cat or dog lovers. That might justify the popularity. If such a website were targeted to the Nepali populace, I doubt if it would meet such success (in terms of hits).

Uniqueness and being different is always interesting, but just for its own sake is indeed ludicrous in itself. I think what is needed is vision because that is what gives the drive and perseverance needed to succeed, eventually. But I fully agree about *thinking* out of the box and then doing things *normally*, if you know what I mean.
--

Return to “Suggestions”