turning off ads

Your ideas to make aawartan interesting and useful
kazi

turning off ads

Postby kazi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:08 am

I noticed, at least in Firefox, that turning off adds is a great way to minimize visual distractions. Text ads, however, still appear. And the placeholders of some of the visual ads still take up some space. Sometimes its inconvenient, but not always.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Re: turning off ads

Postby Ganesha » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:34 am

The ads are lesser and smaller and do not have distractive placeholders now. Let us know how you feel.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: turning off ads

Postby kazi » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:36 am

Yes, its definitely much better now. What bothers me is not the height but the width of the ad because with placeholders, the text is squished into a narrow column. But now it is much better.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Return to “Suggestions”