Expansion of Scope of Topic

Your ideas to make aawartan interesting and useful
Ganesha

Expansion of Scope of Topic

Postby Ganesha » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:18 pm

We recently increased the scope of the previous forum topic, "Culture" under "Strength of Nepal" to "The Arts, Culture and Spirituality". (Of course, the focus is all Nepal.) Hope you will like it.
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Expansion of Scope of Topic

Postby kazi » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:00 am

Anything to do with spirituality and I'm all over it like a moth to a flame.. literally and figuratively.. haha. Thank you for the expansion, although I have to admit I did not request for it.

When people talk about spirituality, sometimes it might be interpreted as something to do with ghosts and souls and inhuman powers, etc. I just want to make sure that you are *not* talking about that sort of spirituality. Rather you are talking about the metaphysical aspects of our minds and our relation with the entity that we call God.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:33 pm

:) It all depends on what you write. Good that you liked it. Hope there are others who feel the same.

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Its good to know that the topic is open. But again, specific bhaye its more easier to write.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kazi

Postby kazi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:05 pm

I think there has been a reduction of contributions to Aawartan recently? I think one of the reasons is that we are scoping out topics too soon. I think we need to scope out threads when we have a collection of topics on that scope already.

The same goes for the Nepal History. I was thinking contributors would submit bits and pieces of information and then somebody would later compile it. By the way, its locked right now.

Also arko euta kura.. I think the one who starts a thread should be able to place the thread in a different topic. Otherwise nikai drift hundo raichha as I have freqently been guilty of.. :). An alternative to this is to allow all readers to tag articles. If possible the administrator or the originator, or both, should be allowed to specify possible tags. The purpose of all this is to be able to organize the forum, which potentially will grow to become a huge repository of information.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:14 pm

A good point there you raised kazi. We began with simplicity and we will address the issue with tiny bites at a time. Yes, if articles could be tagged, it would be very helpful for the readers and while searching for relevant article. We will see what we can do about it and let you know.

With regards to expansion of scope, the moderator always has to decide between making the article focused and maintaining interest. We can experiment now that you mention it by not being so focused on the main topic and giving more freedom to aawartaners while writing. Let's see. And thanks for raising the issue.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:33 am

I am beginning to think tagging is sounding like a very good idea. For example, I was writing about the issue of difference of classes. It was only after I was reviewing the discussion that it was under an irrelevant topic concerning competition with NEA. I think its gonna get very difficult to keep track of stuff if we do not have some sort of mechanism. Right now, I feel tagging would be easy, but I am not aware if phpBB supports it or not, or, if there is some adjustment that can be made.
--

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:53 pm

I wonder if this feature is available in the latest version. Yes, I think it is a worthwhile idea. We will have to think about it when you upgrade the forum software next time. Thanks.

kazi

Postby kazi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:06 am

yep, the forums are packed like gundruk and with everything connected to everything else, the readers might be overwhelmed with the bulk of information we have. I was really waiting for the day I could say this.. wink wink @Ganesha
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:58 am

how far are we on tags?
--

Return to “Suggestions”