Latest discussion

Your ideas to make aawartan interesting and useful
pkreli

Latest discussion

Postby pkreli » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:43 pm

It would be great to have the latest threads / replies displayed on top of the board index or maybe just put a shortcut so we don't have go on hunting

Ganesha

Re: Latest discussion

Postby Ganesha » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:09 am

On the "last post" row, there is a small white rectangle after the name of the person who posted last. Hover you mouse there to see "View the latest post" and click on it. The picture below should make it clearer. (Click on the rectangle that the red arrow points to.)
Attachments
directly_view_last_post.jpg
directly_view_last_post.jpg (42.44 KiB) Viewed 3902 times
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey, thanks for letting us know. I noticed this icon before but never realized what it was for. Thanks @Ganesh. And thanks @pkreli for bringing it up.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

pkreli

Postby pkreli » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Thanks but not exactly what I was looking for. What I meant was something like here :

http://www.saxontheweb.net/

On the left side is the menu ''Latest Active Forum Threads'
When you click on it, it shows a list of all active threads

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:04 am

Hmm... We now understand what you are trying to say. That site search link was quite neat and they run a custom SQL script there (or perhaps inbuilt in vbulletin, their software for the discussion board]. On our board here though, something *similar* could be found by clicking on, View Active Topics on the top left end of the discussions panel. Have you tried that one out yet?

However, the best way still to find the latest active posts since your last visit is to login and read all posts before logging out. When you return next time, upon logon, you will find that all new posts that you have not read since your last visit will be encircled in red. If you did not want to read all posts, just hit the "mark forums read" link on the top right so that when you return, you will exactly know all the latest posts that you have not read since your last visit.

kazi

Postby kazi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:48 pm

indeed @pkreli.. that was a very useful feature you pointed out. Personally, I just prefer to use a reader so that all other feeds are also integrated, but thats just me.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:53 pm

You can also send yourself a nice and beautiful email everyday that will only have all posts in the last 24 hours. Hope you know that too. If not, go to http://feeds.feedburner.com/aawartan and click on http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=aawartan on the top right. That should do it.

Return to “Suggestions”