Jhamak Ghimire, Nepali Female Writer with Cerebral Palsy

All Nepali resources that are yet to discovered and materialized or talked about in general
Ganesha

Jhamak Ghimire, Nepali Female Writer with Cerebral Palsy

Postby Ganesha » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Let's add all tidbits we know about this amazing lady!

* Writes with her legs
* Cannot move her hands, cannot sit straight or stand, cannot speak
* Has several literary creations already. Latest is called, "Jeevan Kada Kee Phool"
Attachments
Jhamak_Ghimire.jpg
Jhamak Ghimire
Jhamak_Ghimire.jpg (11.42 KiB) Viewed 16332 times
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Re: Jhamak Ghimire, Nepali Female Writer with Cerebral palsy

Postby kazi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:14 am

hmm.. very interesting.. I did not know that cerebral palsy can be so debilitating. I really admire her strength and courage.. just imagining the level of persistence required to accomplish her feats gives me goosebumps.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

kaki

Postby kaki » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:23 pm

I have been reading her for a long time now in Kantipur. Surprisingly, she has been writing in all spheres of the world and not only SAHITYA like poems and novels. Without any formal education and all the disability to her credit, she has incredible power to express herself. And that too, from her remote home in north eastern Nepal. These days she lives at Ktm., I guess. Recently, there were news about Jhamak publishing some big books. There could be many Jhamaks in the remote areas of Nepal awaiting to be explored. Who and when will that be done?

kazi

Postby kazi » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:20 am

Can anyone point to a print of her work? Or may someone could scan some of her work so that other Aawartaners can see and admire.
--
"Mother and motherland are more precious than heaven." But that does not mean we must cling to our mothers. The least I can do for Nepal is to bring awareness among the Nepali people. And this Nepali forum is the platform for me.

Ganesha

Postby Ganesha » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:07 am

Ask someone in Nepal to mail you the book. I have not seen any online vendor from where you could directly buy it. Consider donating too. They have setup "Jhamak Ghimire Pratisthan" which should take care of it. In the olden times, they used to build temples for social work. In our times, we could donate to these beauties of the world that emanate from the Nepali soil.

Here is a poem for your reading pleasure, though already translated into English.

With regards to her book, Kada Kee Phool, I very much like this opening line:
Jeevanlai sristi kai sundar phool bhanera arthyaidiye maile. Khoi Maile arthyayeko jeevan bhitra swayam aaphno jeevan parchha ki pardaina thaha chhaina.
Attachments
TOC - Page 2 - Kaanda Ki Phool - Jhamak Ghimire .JPG
TOC - Page 2 - Kaanda Ki Phool - Jhamak Ghimire .JPG
TOC - Page 1 - Kaanda Ki Phool - Jhamak Ghimire .JPG
TOC - Page 1 - Kaanda Ki Phool - Jhamak Ghimire .JPG
First Page - Kaanda Ki Phool - Jhamak Ghimire.jpg
First Page - Kaanda Ki Phool - Jhamak Ghimire.jpg
Cover - Kaada Ki Phool - Jhamak Ghimire.jpg
Cover - Kaada Ki Phool - Jhamak Ghimire.jpg
aawartan.org - nepali forum

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:34 am

interesting.. charismatic writer for sure..
--

kazi

Postby kazi » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Jhamak Ghimire awarded (in the news).
--

Return to “Hidden Resources”